From extractive to regenerative, from speculative to evergreen.
The dialogue centers around the input from the previous day and explores the questions arising from the previous day’s seminar:
- Creating livelihoods that promote peace and prosperity
- Finding the capital to restore land profitability
- Exploring investment strategies that provide long-term returns on sustainable asset management
- Erosion of natural capital
- What is regenerative capitalism
- What investment paradigms are current and what alternatives present themselves?
Coaltown is a 360 case-based workshop in ”fish bowl” format. In the center of the room, a panel of 8-10 represent local stakeholders and experts, and the audience (representing citizens) sits around.
The purpose of the workshop is to help everyone expand their perspectives to see the situation from the point of view of other stakeholders. By taking a fictive case, everyone can talk more freely about their viewpoints.
A facilitator guides the dialogue by introducing different facts and perspectives on the town, and encourages the panel to share their perspective. The audience will be invited to give feedback via an internet-based mentometer facility.
The topics we will be exploring, through the case of Coaltown, include:
- The nature of the extractive business paradigm
- Finding peace and dignity even in poverty
- Financing pensions and health care
- Exploring the future of fossil fuels in a climate-aware economy
- Alternatives to fossil fuels – are they investible?
- Alternative financing
A fund for land restoration and Peace:
The purpose of this workshop is to explore practical routes to transforming from extractive practices to investing in regenerative and peace-promoting operation. This workshop presents a proposal for a fund to restore land function and livelihoods. Delegates will be involved in giving feedback and ideas to develop the prospectus.
Harvesting and wrapping up
The morning of the 15th will draw together the threads of the previous 1 1/2 days with reflection on consequences and the way forward.
|14:00 – 15:45||Workshop A1||Workshop A2||Workshop A3||Workshop A4|
|16:30 – 17:30||Workshop B1||Workshop B2||Workshop B3||Workshop B4|