If we have the power to make such a mess of this world then surely we have the power to bring peace
- This Webinar was held on 31 May 2017
- Host: Invest in Peace http://investinpeace.tssef.se
- Theme: Introducing Investing in Peace
- Objectives: Learn more about the initiative and what Investing in Peace can mean for you .
- Sign up to see the replay here
- Download: the slides here. 1WEBiNAR
Published in February 2017, a new working paper from Conference 2017 speaker SOFIA FARUQI AND FLORENCE LANDSBERG at the World Resources Institute gathers knowledge on how land restorers can attract finance for their project.
Restoring land can be a precursor to peace, creating livelihoods and community stability. The working paper is well-structured and detailed and comes with several illustrative examples of successful approaches.
- Read more
- Download the paper here
- Meet the WRI at our Invest in Peace conference in July as well as potential investors.
In this discussion, led by Mercy Corps CEO Neal Keny-Guyer, participants discuss if businesses should invest in conflict-prone areas, with all the attendant risks and uncertainties? When they do so, can they be a force for good? And, if they are, what are the ways to get more businesses to invest in fragile areas that can use the resultant job creation and economic stimulus to foster peace?
We are pleased to announce that registrations for the conference are now open.
We have a lower fee for NGOs, individuals and students and a higher fee for Investment professionals.
To register follow the link below. The registration page has links to practical information about travel and the conference facility to help you plan your trip.